YouTube.com
I am a new fan. You have probably been reading about this website recently, or at the very least been forwarded a link to a funny video on the site (Evolution of Dance is the latest craze). But this site has so much more. For those unfamiliar, it is a website with an endless collection video footage. And they have a search engine, so you can find just about anything related to your topic.
Is there a movie clip, music video, or some random footage of something you love but haven't seen in years? This is the place to find it. Yesterday, I watched the Miami Vice pilot episode scene that changed television forever (the tense raid preparation scene played out to "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins) Full disclosure: I have the first season of Miami Vice on DVD, so this is a bad example of my question. I also watched old Pearl Jam videos that haven't been on MTV in years, as well as Pearl Jam Unplugged footage, which as far as I knew had been buried somewhere in the shipping yards of Seattle. I even watched Michael Jackson do the moon walk for the first time on Motown 25 in 198-something.
The only limitation I've found is that you can only watch what people have actually posted. So if you are looking for something that someone else did not have the sense or courtesy, or ability, to post...well, you are SOL. But I have yet to search a topic and not have something entertaining pop up.
So to all of you, I introduce my newest addiction....www.youtube.com. Enjoy!
Is there a movie clip, music video, or some random footage of something you love but haven't seen in years? This is the place to find it. Yesterday, I watched the Miami Vice pilot episode scene that changed television forever (the tense raid preparation scene played out to "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins) Full disclosure: I have the first season of Miami Vice on DVD, so this is a bad example of my question. I also watched old Pearl Jam videos that haven't been on MTV in years, as well as Pearl Jam Unplugged footage, which as far as I knew had been buried somewhere in the shipping yards of Seattle. I even watched Michael Jackson do the moon walk for the first time on Motown 25 in 198-something.
The only limitation I've found is that you can only watch what people have actually posted. So if you are looking for something that someone else did not have the sense or courtesy, or ability, to post...well, you are SOL. But I have yet to search a topic and not have something entertaining pop up.
So to all of you, I introduce my newest addiction....www.youtube.com. Enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home