Wedding of the Century
...or just of the weekend. No offense to AYBIII, it was a beautiful wedding. We took over a ritzy mansion on a small island off of LBI and made it our own little J Crew heaven for a few days.
The drama for the day? No, AYB didn't chicken out. But one of the groomsmen decided he was bored, so he left his tux at home 110 miles away. To make matters worse, apparently nobody on LBI wears tuxedos, so the closest formalwear shop was 40 miles up the Garden State Parkway, on a Sunday afternoon! For those of you from NJ (which I think is all of my readers) the GSP can be a parking lot on a summer Sunday. But if I were to bet on anyone "getting er done" it's this guy - and alas, he did! Back at the mansion with twenty minutes to spare.
I think my favorite part of the whole wedding was our officiant. He is the father of the best man, and surrogate parent to the rest of us since, as he so elegantly pointed out, we have had something like 150 parties at his house over the past 12 years. He did a great job lightening up the mood during the ceremony - not that it was sad, but sometimes people are so nervous/serious/emotional during a wedding ceremony, and he was able to help everyone keep things in perspective and enjoy the moment. Following the ceremony, he kept me and the other groomsmen "joyous" as he came back to the receiving line five separate times with fistfulls of beer for us. That was a lifesaver!
My other favorite part of the weekend was taking $130 off of Shitshow. Long story short, he thought he could do 30 pushups, and thought I could not do 30 pushups, and his misjudgement on both counts cost him $130. That $130 is now with the Democratic National Committee, which I know hurts Shitshow even more than actually having to give me $130. What cracks me up most is, ever since I can remember Shitshow has underestimated me. He is always telling me what he thinks I can or can't do, and it seems like I take his money every time. Ahhh, good times!
I also sang "The Right Stuff" by New Kids on the Block, with three of the crew during a raucous karaoke hour. But the limited space in this blog would not do that story justice. And I think it's funny enough just telling you that I did it. What's not funny is Busta refused to do a Milli Vanilli song with me. For those of you who know who "Busta" is - I can hear you laughing from here when you think about a Milli Vanilli act!
All in all, I know that everybody had fun - including me - and we all wish AYB and Mrs. III the best. Who's next?
The drama for the day? No, AYB didn't chicken out. But one of the groomsmen decided he was bored, so he left his tux at home 110 miles away. To make matters worse, apparently nobody on LBI wears tuxedos, so the closest formalwear shop was 40 miles up the Garden State Parkway, on a Sunday afternoon! For those of you from NJ (which I think is all of my readers) the GSP can be a parking lot on a summer Sunday. But if I were to bet on anyone "getting er done" it's this guy - and alas, he did! Back at the mansion with twenty minutes to spare.
I think my favorite part of the whole wedding was our officiant. He is the father of the best man, and surrogate parent to the rest of us since, as he so elegantly pointed out, we have had something like 150 parties at his house over the past 12 years. He did a great job lightening up the mood during the ceremony - not that it was sad, but sometimes people are so nervous/serious/emotional during a wedding ceremony, and he was able to help everyone keep things in perspective and enjoy the moment. Following the ceremony, he kept me and the other groomsmen "joyous" as he came back to the receiving line five separate times with fistfulls of beer for us. That was a lifesaver!
My other favorite part of the weekend was taking $130 off of Shitshow. Long story short, he thought he could do 30 pushups, and thought I could not do 30 pushups, and his misjudgement on both counts cost him $130. That $130 is now with the Democratic National Committee, which I know hurts Shitshow even more than actually having to give me $130. What cracks me up most is, ever since I can remember Shitshow has underestimated me. He is always telling me what he thinks I can or can't do, and it seems like I take his money every time. Ahhh, good times!
I also sang "The Right Stuff" by New Kids on the Block, with three of the crew during a raucous karaoke hour. But the limited space in this blog would not do that story justice. And I think it's funny enough just telling you that I did it. What's not funny is Busta refused to do a Milli Vanilli song with me. For those of you who know who "Busta" is - I can hear you laughing from here when you think about a Milli Vanilli act!
All in all, I know that everybody had fun - including me - and we all wish AYB and Mrs. III the best. Who's next?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home