Happy Holidays
If I still have any readers left, I just wanted to take a few minutes to wish everyone a happy holiday.
I am not going to go on a long diatribe, but I am still a fan of "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" Yes, some people don't celebrate Christmas, but Xmas was the holiday that was originally declared a national holiday, and is the centerpiece of the holiday season. And I also believe it should be referred to as "Christmas tree" and not "Holiday tree" - the tree is a symbol of Christmas, not Hannukah or Kwanza or any other holiday, so call it what it is.
Sorry, but would this really be a solid post if I didn't voice an opinion?
For those who care, 2006 will see many more posts than recent months have produced. After all, it is an election year, plus there are a lot of things going on in my personal life this year as well. Many insights to come. And by the way, if you ever want to know how I feel about a specific issue, post a comment on my most recent entry and I will be glad to share...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (and Happy Holidays to all of my non-Gentile friends).
-BPD
I am not going to go on a long diatribe, but I am still a fan of "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" Yes, some people don't celebrate Christmas, but Xmas was the holiday that was originally declared a national holiday, and is the centerpiece of the holiday season. And I also believe it should be referred to as "Christmas tree" and not "Holiday tree" - the tree is a symbol of Christmas, not Hannukah or Kwanza or any other holiday, so call it what it is.
Sorry, but would this really be a solid post if I didn't voice an opinion?
For those who care, 2006 will see many more posts than recent months have produced. After all, it is an election year, plus there are a lot of things going on in my personal life this year as well. Many insights to come. And by the way, if you ever want to know how I feel about a specific issue, post a comment on my most recent entry and I will be glad to share...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (and Happy Holidays to all of my non-Gentile friends).
-BPD

1 Comments:
I want to know how you feel about Johnny Damon being the New York Yankees Centerfielder for the next four years!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home