Yowsers...
I didn't realize it had been weeks since I posted last. Relax - I am still alive. But I have not had any time to sit down and put some thought-provoking paragraphs together.
As I mentioned before, I started a new job recently and I have been busier than anything with it. Between long hours, job-related travel, and necessary sleep time, I really haven't had much time to have an original thought, nevermind put it into words and post it to the blog. But here are a few I had during a recent 4 hour plane ride...
Politically, it seems as though the rest of the country is starting to see what I've been seeing since 2000. Too bad it took them this long to see it, and that it took 2000 dead soldiers to bring it to light, and that we have to deal with it for another 3 years. Hopefully, Democrats can take advantage of the hand they've been dealt and really put out a good message for the mid-terms next year. It's not as if the country is "with" the Dems yet; they are just against Republicans right now. There is a difference, and the Dems have to realize that and close the gap. I could write three paragraphs right now on Alito, domestic economics, or Iraq - but I won't, because I feel like I'm preaching to the choir now. Even one of my staunchest Republican friends called me recently to tell me that he was denouncing Bush. That says something!
As for sports, the Jets suck as usual...but college b-ball is starting soon and Villanova is poised to be a Big East powerhouse this season. Four seniors returning, all solid players, all playing good ball with each other for the past three years. Barring injuries, we might have something here! And of course, the Yankess are still the BEST!
Big weekend next weekend...annual Thanksgiving football game with the boys, and then the 10 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION! I still don't know what to expect from it. It could be a collection of the same 30 or so guys that I run into all the time, which would be great. We know we always have fun together, so why would this time be any different? But that would also be somewhat anti-climactic. Or it would be a bunch of guys that I haven't seen in 10 years, which I guess would be fun too, provided everyone is willing to let looose and socialize. I guess we'll see...I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
That's it for now. Hopefully as time rolls on, I will get adjusted to my new schedule and be able to post more. Until then...
As I mentioned before, I started a new job recently and I have been busier than anything with it. Between long hours, job-related travel, and necessary sleep time, I really haven't had much time to have an original thought, nevermind put it into words and post it to the blog. But here are a few I had during a recent 4 hour plane ride...
Politically, it seems as though the rest of the country is starting to see what I've been seeing since 2000. Too bad it took them this long to see it, and that it took 2000 dead soldiers to bring it to light, and that we have to deal with it for another 3 years. Hopefully, Democrats can take advantage of the hand they've been dealt and really put out a good message for the mid-terms next year. It's not as if the country is "with" the Dems yet; they are just against Republicans right now. There is a difference, and the Dems have to realize that and close the gap. I could write three paragraphs right now on Alito, domestic economics, or Iraq - but I won't, because I feel like I'm preaching to the choir now. Even one of my staunchest Republican friends called me recently to tell me that he was denouncing Bush. That says something!
As for sports, the Jets suck as usual...but college b-ball is starting soon and Villanova is poised to be a Big East powerhouse this season. Four seniors returning, all solid players, all playing good ball with each other for the past three years. Barring injuries, we might have something here! And of course, the Yankess are still the BEST!
Big weekend next weekend...annual Thanksgiving football game with the boys, and then the 10 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION! I still don't know what to expect from it. It could be a collection of the same 30 or so guys that I run into all the time, which would be great. We know we always have fun together, so why would this time be any different? But that would also be somewhat anti-climactic. Or it would be a bunch of guys that I haven't seen in 10 years, which I guess would be fun too, provided everyone is willing to let looose and socialize. I guess we'll see...I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
That's it for now. Hopefully as time rolls on, I will get adjusted to my new schedule and be able to post more. Until then...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home