Monday, September 26, 2005

Deer in Headlights

So we went to the wedding in Phila. this weekend. What a blast! The ceremony was very nice, and the reception was in the coolest hall - The Ben Franklin House in Center City - gorgeous! Congratulations to Phil and Danielle. And to MJ for a strong best man toast - even if he did forget to thank the parents :)

As is becoming par for the course at our friends' weddings, the Beef (link to his blog on right) did his rendition of "It Takes Two" (see Rob Base's Greatest (Only) Hits). During his performance, he became smitten with a young bridesmaid who added something to the performance. If you had seen these two dancing and laughing, you would have thought Beef had it made. Alas, however, the deer froze in the headlights. He thought all night about his line, his approach, his ice-breaker, and before he realized it, the night was over and his window was closing. At one point, he told us he couldn't go to talk to her because she was sitting with her other girlfriends. I used a rudimentary analogy to tell him how full of shit he was, and sent him on his way.

Who am I to criticize? That sounds like an excuse I would have used back in my field-playing days. But I was just trying to motivate. Beef lacks confidence, although I don't understand why. I have known him for fourteen years and I have never come across anyone that didn't like him. In fact, anybody that really knows him loves him. So I was surprised that he needed the extra push. Hell, he was Rob Base an hour ago!Nonetheless, by the time he got over there it was too late in the night - he got the stiff-arm and was forced back to the bar for more drinks (I use the word "forced" lightly).

Here's my prediction: Over time, Beef is going to work out all of his kinks on all of these random chicks he meets at weddings, etc. One day, he is going to summon all of the skills and wisdom he has collected, get the confidence he needs, and walk up to some Perfect 10 model or something and end up marrying her. And all of us are going to sit there in amazement, with our jaws on the ground, because Beef bagged a hottie! who loves Rob Base!

And one other thing...if you can avoid sharing a hotel room with AY, do it. He is scary horny in the morning!

Yours always,
Hachmid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home