I've been getting emails, phone calls, comments etc. from people about the content of my blog lately. They don't necessarily enjoy my political rants and commentaries. Rather, they want to read something "funny" or anecdotal.
Well, here is a big F - U to them!
If you've been reading from day one, you'd know that I never promised 24/7 humor. First, it's my blog so I'll write about whatever I feel like sharing. Second, the title of my blog is "Cognitive Dissonance" - which refers to the internal conflict a person experiences when they simultaneously hold opposing beliefs or views, or when they experience a real phenomenon that runs counter to their long-held beliefs or views. It's about introspection. I try to relate it to common experiences and real-world situations. Sometimes it will be political - politics effect our everyday lives whether you choose to realize that or not. Sometimes, it will be silly reflections on a recent experience. Sometimes, it will just be a random thought I had - like when will someone teach women about the inner workings of a penis so that they understand that we don't intentionally pee on the toilet seat...we don't know what direction it's heading in, it's russian roulette everytime we walk into the bathroom!
Anyway, my point is if you come here everyday looking for a funny story about something stupid or embarassing that I did, this is not the blog for you. Yes, I will tell you if I did something funny or stupid if it actually means something in the grand scheme of life. Am I going to post just to tell you about my walking head-first into a wall this morning because I wasn't fully awake when tried to get into the shower? No, probably not, unless it made me realize something more profound.
So that you can plan your next few weeks, here are some ideas I am working on...
a) if you haven't noticed, I have been posting anecdotes about the first time I met each of the guys that make up my present crew of friends. I will continue to do that, but I use pseudonyms. you can have some fun by trying to guess who I am talking about. in my opinion, it should be pretty easy if you know them. In any case, the stories are all true, so enjoy...
b) I will continue to post lists as they come to me. I am working on my top 5 memories as a Yankee fan. stay tuned (unless you are a Bahston fan...in which case, go fuck yourself. seriously. I hate you.)
c) anybody who knows me knows that I love music. reviews and commentary are on the way. beware...I hate most rap and all pop, and I will show no mercy.
d) with baseball playoffs starting, as well as the new hockey season, and football season underway, you are bound to get some posts related to those topics. I love the Yanks as mentioned, and I love the Devils. You've been warned!
Also, I am going to a wedding this weekend at which the Beef will be present. Perhaps I'll have a funny story or two. If so, it will be interesting to see how he recalls it on his blog vs. how I recall it on mine. And if it's about him, it will be interesting to see if he recalls it at all!
"Don't vote Republican" - Eddie Vedder
Well, here is a big F - U to them!
If you've been reading from day one, you'd know that I never promised 24/7 humor. First, it's my blog so I'll write about whatever I feel like sharing. Second, the title of my blog is "Cognitive Dissonance" - which refers to the internal conflict a person experiences when they simultaneously hold opposing beliefs or views, or when they experience a real phenomenon that runs counter to their long-held beliefs or views. It's about introspection. I try to relate it to common experiences and real-world situations. Sometimes it will be political - politics effect our everyday lives whether you choose to realize that or not. Sometimes, it will be silly reflections on a recent experience. Sometimes, it will just be a random thought I had - like when will someone teach women about the inner workings of a penis so that they understand that we don't intentionally pee on the toilet seat...we don't know what direction it's heading in, it's russian roulette everytime we walk into the bathroom!
Anyway, my point is if you come here everyday looking for a funny story about something stupid or embarassing that I did, this is not the blog for you. Yes, I will tell you if I did something funny or stupid if it actually means something in the grand scheme of life. Am I going to post just to tell you about my walking head-first into a wall this morning because I wasn't fully awake when tried to get into the shower? No, probably not, unless it made me realize something more profound.
So that you can plan your next few weeks, here are some ideas I am working on...
a) if you haven't noticed, I have been posting anecdotes about the first time I met each of the guys that make up my present crew of friends. I will continue to do that, but I use pseudonyms. you can have some fun by trying to guess who I am talking about. in my opinion, it should be pretty easy if you know them. In any case, the stories are all true, so enjoy...
b) I will continue to post lists as they come to me. I am working on my top 5 memories as a Yankee fan. stay tuned (unless you are a Bahston fan...in which case, go fuck yourself. seriously. I hate you.)
c) anybody who knows me knows that I love music. reviews and commentary are on the way. beware...I hate most rap and all pop, and I will show no mercy.
d) with baseball playoffs starting, as well as the new hockey season, and football season underway, you are bound to get some posts related to those topics. I love the Yanks as mentioned, and I love the Devils. You've been warned!
Also, I am going to a wedding this weekend at which the Beef will be present. Perhaps I'll have a funny story or two. If so, it will be interesting to see how he recalls it on his blog vs. how I recall it on mine. And if it's about him, it will be interesting to see if he recalls it at all!
"Don't vote Republican" - Eddie Vedder

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home