Happy New Year
Last December, I listed several "New Year's Resolutions" that I was going to attempt. I listed them again below, and decided to revisit each and determine whether I was successful in resoluting...
I am going to spend more time blogging about the perils of a Republican-lead federal government. I know I've already made some good points over the past 6 months, but as long as people vote Republican, I still have work to do! - Well, I think I blogged enough about the perils of a Republican-lead government, so much so that the country heard me and voted overwhelmingly Democrat in November. Yes, I am taking full credit for the government shift this year, because millions of people read my blog. Yeah me!
I am going to spend less time trying to figure out why people don't merge properly in traffic. The lack of proper merge is usually exactly what causes the traffic. So if we all merged properly, there wouldn't be any traffic or any reason to get pissed off. But I can't crawl into the minds of stupid people, so I will digress. - I haven't thought about this in months; East Coast drivers are stupid and selfish and I have left it at that.
I am going to spend more time finding active, constructive ways to make a difference in the world. My boss made a great point yesterday - "don't complain unless you have a better idea" - and I am going to apply that to my personal life. I will use 2006 to not only come up with better ideas, but to execute them! - I have not been as attentive to this as I had initially planned, although I am moving in the right direction. I have donated considerable sums of money to worthwhile charities, and helped with some "Get Out the Vote" efforts during the 2006 elections. I have even written some letters to my local representatives to make sure they know how I feel about certain issues. So I haven't just been sitting around complaining, but I could stand to do more in 2007!
I am going to spend less time trying to figure out why it is that "God-loving Christian conservatives" vote for policies that leave their neighbor out in the cold. I don't think God likes it when you screw your neighbor, but I will have an aneurism trying to figure out their reasoning, so I will not bother anymore. - Still boggles my mind, although I think we all got some valuable insight on reality from Reverend Ted Haggard and Congressman Foley and their mutual love for screwing mankind. Actions and words, people...actions and words.
I am going to spend more time focusing on the similarities between men and women - like the fact that we both breathe oxygen, drink water, and have feet - so that relationships will be easier for all of mankind. I am going to spend less time trying to explain the differences between men and women - like why do women brood around when something is wrong, so as to make it clear to men that something is wrong, but then say "nothing" when we ask what is wrong - so that relationships will be easier to handle for all of mankind. - Done
I am going to spend more time reading history books. I think too often, people really do repeat history because they don't study it. I don't want to be one of those people who does something stupid, like start a war, when a perfect example of why not to do it is already there for my review. - Ironically, we are all now learning of Dick Cheney's and Don Rumsfeld's roles in the Nixon and Ford administrations!
I am going to spend less time trying to predict the future. There is no point to it - I have no way of knowing what tomorrow holds, and no control over what may come. Why waste so much of my life trying to contol what I can't? - Done
I am going to spend more time talking about the Yankees. Because they are the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world, and they deserve to be talked about. And I am going to spend more time talking about the Red Sox and their fans, because they both suck and everyone needs to know it. - Boston sucks, Go Yankees!
Happy New Year to all of you and yours - I sincerely hope that 2007 brings everything you want (or need) it to. See you next year!
I am going to spend more time blogging about the perils of a Republican-lead federal government. I know I've already made some good points over the past 6 months, but as long as people vote Republican, I still have work to do! - Well, I think I blogged enough about the perils of a Republican-lead government, so much so that the country heard me and voted overwhelmingly Democrat in November. Yes, I am taking full credit for the government shift this year, because millions of people read my blog. Yeah me!
I am going to spend less time trying to figure out why people don't merge properly in traffic. The lack of proper merge is usually exactly what causes the traffic. So if we all merged properly, there wouldn't be any traffic or any reason to get pissed off. But I can't crawl into the minds of stupid people, so I will digress. - I haven't thought about this in months; East Coast drivers are stupid and selfish and I have left it at that.
I am going to spend more time finding active, constructive ways to make a difference in the world. My boss made a great point yesterday - "don't complain unless you have a better idea" - and I am going to apply that to my personal life. I will use 2006 to not only come up with better ideas, but to execute them! - I have not been as attentive to this as I had initially planned, although I am moving in the right direction. I have donated considerable sums of money to worthwhile charities, and helped with some "Get Out the Vote" efforts during the 2006 elections. I have even written some letters to my local representatives to make sure they know how I feel about certain issues. So I haven't just been sitting around complaining, but I could stand to do more in 2007!
I am going to spend less time trying to figure out why it is that "God-loving Christian conservatives" vote for policies that leave their neighbor out in the cold. I don't think God likes it when you screw your neighbor, but I will have an aneurism trying to figure out their reasoning, so I will not bother anymore. - Still boggles my mind, although I think we all got some valuable insight on reality from Reverend Ted Haggard and Congressman Foley and their mutual love for screwing mankind. Actions and words, people...actions and words.
I am going to spend more time focusing on the similarities between men and women - like the fact that we both breathe oxygen, drink water, and have feet - so that relationships will be easier for all of mankind. I am going to spend less time trying to explain the differences between men and women - like why do women brood around when something is wrong, so as to make it clear to men that something is wrong, but then say "nothing" when we ask what is wrong - so that relationships will be easier to handle for all of mankind. - Done
I am going to spend more time reading history books. I think too often, people really do repeat history because they don't study it. I don't want to be one of those people who does something stupid, like start a war, when a perfect example of why not to do it is already there for my review. - Ironically, we are all now learning of Dick Cheney's and Don Rumsfeld's roles in the Nixon and Ford administrations!
I am going to spend less time trying to predict the future. There is no point to it - I have no way of knowing what tomorrow holds, and no control over what may come. Why waste so much of my life trying to contol what I can't? - Done
I am going to spend more time talking about the Yankees. Because they are the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world, and they deserve to be talked about. And I am going to spend more time talking about the Red Sox and their fans, because they both suck and everyone needs to know it. - Boston sucks, Go Yankees!
Happy New Year to all of you and yours - I sincerely hope that 2007 brings everything you want (or need) it to. See you next year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home